Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Pack Searching 2014 Topps Allen & Ginter: My First Autograph

I've actually been keeping track of how much 2014 Topps Allen & Ginter I've searched.  I've been doing that to see how many hits there should be versus how many hits I'm finding.  This sort of gives me an idea of how many hits other pack searchers are finding who have beat me to the stores and how many hits I may be missing.

Based on my how many packs I've searched, I actually figured that I should have come across approximately 2.5 autographs so far.  I hadn't hit a single one yet, so either I was getting a little unlucky, or I had missed the autograph hits.

The fact that I'm due for an autograph has been killing me.  It's been making me want to go out farther and farther on pack searching road trips to find the hits.

One night, when I had some free time and no obligations, I finally gave in.  I hopped in the car and made a 30 minute trek to a Target a couple towns away.

I've had good success at this Target before.  I know it gets searched by other pack searchers, but I've also found hits there from products which have been out for a long time too.  That means that the other pack searchers who do search this store don't visit it very often.  I was hoping that they hadn't visited this store in a while.

When I finally got there and checked out their Ginter stock, I could clearly see that it had been searched.  Much of it had already been purchased too.  Even so, I came all this way to search this Target so I wasn't about to leave before searching it myself. 

I've said this a million times before on the blog, but you never know what you'll find unless you look.  So I looked.  I finger banged the shit out of those packs and came across a hit.

It was the only hit in the store, and it was my first autograph... finally!

Andre Rienzo
2014 Topps Allen & Ginter
Framed Mini Autograph
Odds:  1:144

It was a framed mini autograph of rookie Andre Rienzo!  This card isn't worth a lot, but it doesn't matter.  To me, it has a different value.  It represents all the critical thinking, research, and effort I've put into searching and finding the hits where other pack searchers don't want to search. 

No comments:

Post a Comment