Saturday, December 20, 2014

Pack Searching 2014 Topps Platinum Football: Back for More

Well, it's been a long hiatus. In the past three months I've only went pack searching a handful of times. It has actually been easier than anticipated. Being super busy really takes your mind off of pack searching.

But last night I just so happened to be out and about with nothing to do and lots of time to waste. 2014 Panini Contenders Football has started to show up in Walmarts across America so I decided to go out and try to search those.  I ended up at my nearest Walmart at 11:30 pm. I like pack searching late at night because nobody is around.

Unfortunately I had already been beat to the cards. I could tell immediately. All the Contenders rack packs were strewn around the card section, and all the 2014 Topps Platinum Football rack packs were off the hangers and sitting in piles on the shelf.  I picked up the Contedners rack packs and inspected them.  I could see the fingernail marks on the wrapper left by the previous pack searcher in their attempts to search them.  I knew that the chances of finding anything in the Contenders rack packs was slim but I checked them anyways. Nope. Nothing.

I then checked the Platinum rack packs.  I knew that finding hits in the rack packs is harder and so I had a chance at finding something that the other pack searcher missed.  After taking a few minutes to search the dozen or so rack packs still for sale, I came to the conclusion that one of the rack packs probably had a hit in it.  I wasn't entirely sure because I couldn't "see" the hit outright, but I was pretty sure.  I whipped out my phone and checked my notes on Platinum from previous years.  This is the good thing about keeping notes in my phone.  After reviewing the notes in my phone I was 95% certain there was a hit in this rack pack and it was a redemption.  I bought the rack pack.

Ha Ha Clinton-Dix
2014 Topps Platinum Football
Autograph Rookie Refractor
Odds:  1:37

It turned out to be Ha Ha Clinton-Dix autograph redemption.  Not bad. 

This brief return to pack searching was nice.  It was like dipping a toe back into the water.  But I also felt dirty in a way.  I was doing so well trying to no longer pack search.  The challenge of finding hits brought me back.  I get this weird satisfaction from finding hits.  I get more satisfaction from just knowing that I found the hit than the satisfaction of actually having the hit itself.  It's weird.  I know.

10 comments:

  1. What town do u search in mines in Tom's river and brick nj

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry, I'm not revealing my location but you can rest assured I don't pack search in Tom's River or Brick.

      Delete
  2. how do you pack search redemption cards?

    ReplyDelete
  3. glad to see you back in the game.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I hope you've had good luck finding hits.

      Delete
  4. You should feel dirty cause you are a P.O.S loser

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know you are probably not looking at this blog anymore, but I was just wondering if you have stopped pack searching and just possibly might give me tips. This blog has inspired me to start pack searching and I have failed miserably so far

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know you are probably not looking at this blog anymore, but I was just wondering if you have stopped pack searching and just possibly might give me tips. This blog has inspired me to start pack searching and I have failed miserably so far

    ReplyDelete